Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Venery

        


Title: Venery
Series: For the Love of Aliens #3
Author: C.M. Stunich
Publisher: Sarian Royal, December 10, 2023
Pages: 772
Genre: Why Choose Sci-Fi Romance

I’ve been abducted by an alien in a cowboy hat.

He needs me to play the role of fake fiancée to appease his family of tentacle-tailed cops.

I’ll keep up the charade as long as I need if it means being reunited with Abraxas and Rurik.

Shouldn’t be too hard, right? To play pretend …

My life force is now inextricably tied to handsome, gun totin’ Officer Hyt.

But do you know what happens if my new in-laws find out that I’m mated to three different males?

Intergalactic war, that’s what.

Eve Wakefield here, currently stationed on the water planet, Yaoh. I’ve been subject to all sorts of unimaginable cruelty since landing here: family drama, ill-fitting bathing suits, and Hyt’s horrible childhood friend. This woman is not only in love with my (fake) mate, but she’s also disturbingly perceptive. If she tells the Chief of Police that his son and I are liars: we’re dead. Did I mention that liars are executed here?

And what about the king and queen, the ones stuck on that horrible spaceship?

Liars might be killed on Hyt’s planet, but Rurik’s people won’t stand for adultery.

If they find out, they’ll do worse: they’ll start eating planets and they won’t stop.

Ah, hell.

I did not intend to be crowned the queen of aliens.

It sounds like the dumbest dumb-dumb alien romance plot ever.

But if that’s the only way to save the people that I love, can I do it?

Wear the crown, take the throne, save the universe.

Yeah, I got this.

Man, f**k Minnae! But also f**k Eve. OK. I am so upset that I didn't DNF this book. But I'm also really glad that I didn't. I was glad that I saw how it actually worked out for them in the end. But man, I would not have been upset about like 300 less pages to get there. 

Hyt abducts Eve for like the 3rd or 4th time since she ended up on Jungryuk. He brings her to Yaoh, and I do like their relationship a lot. We're in another situation where they will actually die if they don't have sex. So. Eve will die if she doesn't have sex with Abraxas every 10 days or so? Rurik will die if he doesn't feed from Eve every few weeks, maybe a month. And Hyt and Eve will both die if they don't have sex every 6 months at least. These mate bonds do NOT mess about. 

Life on Yaoh sounds like an actual dream. I wish they weren't all cops or naked all the time, but swimming everywhere sounds super fun! So maybe not life on Yaoh, but it sounds like a perfect vacation destination. Not much beach, only water and over water villas! 

Eve harped on cheating a lot. This was truly a reverse harem. She didn't want them touching each other or anyone else who wasn't Eve. This took me all of the way out of the story every time it came up. Like if you're going to have 3 life partners, and you want to have group sex, the idea that you would be in the middle of having sex and freak out if they touch each other? That's WILD. I think it was the vehemence that she spoke about it. 

Other than that, their family unit was very cute. I am fully interested in how things go with Jane and Kayla and with Kya and the Atrata. But not enough to read their books.... I couldn't read another sentence about Eve. :/

Ratings
Stars: 3/5
Spice: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment