Friday, October 11, 2024

Celestial Monsters

                       

Title: Celestial Monsters
Series: The Sunbearer Duology #2
Author: Aiden Thomas
Published: Feiwel & FriendsSeptember 3, 2024
Pages: 415
Genre: LGBTQ Young Adult

Teo never thought he could be a Hero. Now, he doesn’t have a choice.

The sun is gone, the Obsidian gods have been released from their prison, and chaos and destruction are wreaking havoc on Reino del Sol. All because Teo refused to sacrifice a fellow semidiós during the Sunbearer Trials.

With the world plunged into perpetual night, Teo, his crush Aurelio, and his best friend Niya must journey to the dark wilderness of Los Restos, battling vicious monsters while dealing with guilt, trauma, and a (very distracting) burgeoning romance between Teo and Aurelio. Determined to rescue the captured semidioses and retrieve the Sol Stone, the trio races against the clock to return Sol and their protective light. With it, order can be restored.

The future of the whole world is in their hands.

Reading my review of the first book, I really did love that book. I'm a little sad that I didn't have the same love for this second book. The beauty of the mythology was still there, absolutely. But I don't know if I just really am burnt out on YA right now, or what. 

Now just because I didn't like this as much as The Sunbearer Trials doesn't mean that this wasn't a beautiful story. Teo is a wonderful protagonist, he's so funny and cute! I think this would make the cutest TV show. If they leaned into the fun light vibes of the book, not the dark spooky ones! The plot line can still get heavy as necessary, but anyway. I'm not a screenwriter! I would love to see an on-screen version of Teo's wings though!

Ratings
Stars: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment