Sunday, January 7, 2024

Shield of Winter

                                           

Title: Shield of Winter
Series: Psy-Changeling #13
Author: Nalini Singh
Published: Berkley, June 3, 2014
Pages: 466
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he's done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch - if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life. For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake.... 

Having rebuilt her life after medical "treatment" that violated her mind and sought to suffocate her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she'll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy's fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness.


**MINI-SPOILER ALERT**


I have been looking forward to Vasic's book for some time now! I wanted to know more about his gauntlet, and boy did I get more about it. 

Ivy has a pretty perfect setup before Vasic comes for her. She's living and working on this farm/orchard area. She's got a cute puppy named Rabbit. Her parents, while "Silent," supposedly, seem awesome. They've been protecting her and her E designation since she was little. And Vasic shows up asking her to help with the infection in the PsyNet. 

As always, there's so much about politics in this book. All of it is fascinating! I am fully way more invested in what's going on with the politics of this world than the couples. BUT Vasic and Ivy are so good together. I love the E-Psys and that they're basically the key to saving everyone. You have to have balance, my friends!!!

Now that I'm quite a few books back into my re-entry to this series. I have learned that my favorite stories are about the Changelings and Psy getting together. I like the deep look into the packs that we get from the Changeling couple books. And I like the cool look at Psy abilities and Silence from the Psy couple books. But definitely the Psy-Changeling pairings are my favorite. 

In saying that. I'm really pumped to see what's going to happen moving forward with the series. I know I'm getting closer to the Trinity Accords. She's introduced the Forgotten in the last few books, and I'm very excited to learn more about them! So Shards of Hope, here I come.

Ratings
Stars: 3/5
Spice: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment