Sunday, February 4, 2024

Shots and Barbs

                    

Title: Shots and Barbs
Series: Deep Earth Dating #2
Author: Lily Mayne
Published: January 5, 2025
Pages: 517
Genre: Fantasy Romance

Nuni
Look, I’m an extremely busy, handsome, charming guy. I am a paragon of physical perfection, I run a wildly successful architecture firm, and I take care of my family. I don’t have time to organise a ten-year anniversary party for my business, so it just makes sense to hire someone else to do the work.

Except as soon as I see my new event planner, Anita Chaudhary, with her dark eyes and no-nonsense attitude and sensible shoes, I decide maybe I 
should be involved in the process. Just, you know, for the sake of being thorough.

But mainly so I can keep butting heads with her. She’s competitive and cool-headed and infuriatingly competent, all of which I begrudgingly find attractive. And those sensible shoes of hers drive me wild.

But she’s also human. And we all know that humans and demiurgus don’t exactly mix…

Anita
Nuni var Rorik is arrogant, pompous, egotistical, vain, bullheaded… need I go on?

He’s a frat boy in an expensive suit. A know-it-all. A big, muscular demiurgus with perfect hair and flawless skin and a distractingly beautiful face. He rankles me like no one else.

But I can’t stay away from him.

Which is definitely not good. I’m his event planner, and my boss is extremely strict when it comes to… ahem… 
client relations.

When our barbed words and competitive needling explode into something hotter than it has any right being, my job and reputation are on the line. I can’t stand the thought of being seen as irresponsible or less than the best, but I can’t stop myself when it comes to him.

So we just have to keep it a secret.

Full disclosure, I was nervous going into this book. I LOVED Berries and Greed, I had full faith in Lily Mayne. But Nuni, from Beryl's and Greid's perspectives, was such a butthead. I was not expecting him to be one of the main characters of book 2, but of course he was. And of course, I'm now fully obsessed with him! 


Nuni is a founding partner of an architectural firm with his best friend. They've been at it for 10 years and they're planning a big anniversary party to celebrate their success. They're going with a party planner, and from the moment Anita walks into the meeting with her boss, Nuni and Anita can't seem to get one another off of their minds. 


Nuni is a gym bro. He is dramatic and outrageous and hilarious. And somehow his heart of gold bleeds through his entire inner monologue, even when he's being a total bro about it. I just love that he's so in tune with his body, but so oblivious of his feelings, that he equates liking someone to having indigestion and needing to consult his nutritionist. It's hysterical. And Anita isn't much better. 


They know they shouldn't get together, but they can't keep their hands off of one another. I love an enemies to lovers where the chemistry is this intense! These two are completely ravenous for one another. I like that the reason they feel like they can't be together makes total sense. But it's also not so serious that you can't understand why they were able to push it to the side to get together.


As I said earlier, I was nervous for this book, specifically because of the way Nuni looks from Greid's POV. But the brotherly redemption is so very good. And of course we get more of the var Rorik clan! I can't wait for all 6 of their remaining books. And if Lily wanted to give us a Mama var Rorik novella, I would read that too!!!


Ratings
Stars: 5/5
Spice: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment