Sunday, April 28, 2024

House of Flame and Shadow

          


Title: House of Flame and Shadow
Series: Crescent City #3
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing, January 30, 2024
Pages: 951
Genre: Romantasy

Bryce Quinlan never expected to see a world other than Midgard, but now that she has, all she wants is to get back. Everything she loves is in Midgard: her family, her friends, her mate. Stranded in a strange new world, she's going to need all her wits about her to get home again. And that's no easy feat when she has no idea who to trust.

Hunt Athalar has found himself in some deep holes in his life, but this one might be the deepest of all. After a few brief months with everything he ever wanted, he's in the Asteri's dungeons again, stripped of his freedom and without a clue as to Bryce's fate. He's desperate to help her, but until he can escape the Asteri's leash, his hands are quite literally tied.

What a flippin roller coaster. 

Getting to see some of my Night Court besties was the best of course. I'm still not unconvinced that Amren wasn't an Asteri/Daglan/whatever they want to call themselves when she decided to stay in Prythian. Hopefully we will get more of that story in ACOTAR 6. Maybe even CC 4. Also, all of these questions might be answered if I would finally get off my ass and read Throne of Glass, but baby steps, my friends.

Bryce Quinlan was trying to give me a dang heart attack. Like frfr, you didn't just want to ask for a little tiny bit of help? I really wanted to see Rhys eat Rigelus. Or not eat, necessarily, but you know. Wipe from existence. I *know* that that would have been a very specific kind of fan service, but it would have been COOL. What we got was pretty cool too I guess.

House of Flame and Shadow is for sure my favorite house so far. I am holding out full judgment for the House of Many Waters because I think that one is going to be very dang cool. Tharion is already one of my favorites in Lunathion, And after meeting the Ocean Queen (possibly again) I definitely think that seeing more of that House is going to be very cool. But Flame and Shadow have unseated Earth and Blood for the moment. 

Obviously there are still many loose threads. And probably even more that I didn't catch, or didn't even read about because, again, I haven't read TOG. I was a little shocked that we got the amount of "closure" as we seemed to get. I'm sure there's a ton I'm missing about it though. There's definitely SO MUCH going on that I couldn't even possibly talk about everything, I can't even fit all of the characters that I love! Especially not since I loved mostly all of them... See you soon, I hope, CC 4.

Ratings
Stars: 5/5
Spice: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment