Monday, July 1, 2024

The Assassin's Blade

         


Title: The Assassin's Blade
Series: The Throne of Glass #0.5
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing, March 4, 2014
Pages: 451
Genre: YA Romantasy

Celaena Sardothien is her kingdom's most feared assassin. Though she works for the powerful Assassin's Guild and its scheming master, Arobynn Hamel, she yields to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. But when Arobynn dispatches her on missions that take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, Celaena finds herself acting independently of his wishes and questioning her own allegiance.

If she hopes to escape Arobynn's clutches, Celaena will have to put her faith in her wits and her blade . . . knowing that if she fails, she'll lose not just a chance at freedom but her life.

This took me three tries to get through the whole thing. It's good, but I think I would have been move invested if I had read more of the main series first. 

Celaena is great, I really like her voice. Kind of a shocking amount really for a female main character. All of these glimpses into her life made her even more likable. Don't get me wrong. She's far from perfect. But she is very likable. 

And what this has done has made me really excited to reread Throne of Glass and to finally get into the rest of the series.

Ratings
Stars: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment