Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Gargoyle from General Management

                                

Title: The Gargoyle from General Management
Series: Claws & Cubicles #3
Author: Kate Prior
Published: October 1, 2023
Pages: 168
Genre: Monster Romance

A siren in heat, a gargoyle who keeps getting under her skin, and an inescapable work trip...

Gwen doesn't want anyone to know she's a siren. She doesn't want anyone to know she's terrible at her job either.

Perhaps least on her list of priorities, Gwen would also like to avoid the gargoyle who saw her vibe in the TSA check. Except, the very same gargoyle is the new manager she has to work with, and he's going to the same corporate retreat she is. He reminds her too much of her past and exactly the career-driven sort of guy she can't stand from Fortune 666 companies.

When things start to heat up between them, Gwen's afraid he's going to learn all her secrets, but when he offers to help feed her siren appetite, she can't resist mixing business with pleasure.

I'm absolutely obsessed with the office drama in this series! The types of monsters are so interesting. There is a VOID named Jessica. There is a harpy with wings instead of arms. There is a man who can only be seen because of the clothes that he wears. I have no idea what this company does, and I couldn't care less. I just want to know all of their Drama!

The drama is this book Is between Gwen, a Siren, and Vlad, a Gargoyle. This man's name is Vlad Grotesce. Kate Prior is a GENIUS. There is comedy gold in these pages, people! Anyway, Gwen works with Monster Resources. Like HR, but for monsters. And Vlad is a new manager, but he works in the "other office." So they don't see each other much. (Maybe. Again, I am here for the drama, not the inter-office specifics.) 

BUT, everyone has to go on this work trip. And it happens to fall during Gwen's heat. So of course she packed her trusty vibe. And of course TSA pulled it out during her security check. And of course the hot gargoyle going through TSA at the same time saw said vibe. And of course he's not only on her flight, but in the seat next to her! And he's the new manager that she's been emailing about work all week, attending the retreat. Comedy. Gold. 

Gwen has a severe case of imposter syndrome and related anxiety. And when I tell you I felt it? I mean, my heart was racing and I have never felt more seen. But she's also going through a heat and the new manager gargoyle turns her on so much that she can't even make it back to her hotel room before she has to rub one out. Multiple times. It's so good. 

And when I tell you that rooftop scene changed my life. My life will never be the same in the best way. And honestly I'm a little bit made at Ms. Prior for showing me a need that I have that will never be fulfilled because I don't know anyone with a set of functional wings! It's rude, really! But read this book, for real. It's hilarious.

Ratings
Stars: 5/5
Spice: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment