Monday, December 11, 2023

Love Lights

                    


Title: Love Lights
Author: Emily Antoinette
Publisher: December 5, 2023
Pages: 99
Genre: Monster Holiday Romance

A man spending the holidays alone…
After my grandpa’s death, I’m back in my hometown for one last Christmas in the house I grew up in. But when mom cancels her flight to join me in saying goodbye, I’m left lonelier than ever—until a
 mothman saves me from a deadly decorating disaster.

As if learning monsters are real isn’t enough, he also claims I’m his mate. In his arms, I find the warmth and care I’ve always craved. But with only a few weeks in Moonvale before I have to go home, how can I avoid ending up even more heartbroken and alone when the holiday ends?

A mothman trusting his instincts…
Like a moth to a flame, a house covered in bright holiday lights pulls me away from my usual path on my late-night walk home. After saving the distressed human who lives there from falling to his death, I realize something stronger drew me there. Something magical. A mate bond.

My heart and soul cry out for me to claim my precious, perfect mate as my own. But how can I ask him for anything more than a holiday fling when he doesn’t feel the same instinctual bond? Will I find a way to convince him to stay past December?

You've got to love a cryptid Christmas! And a thorough content warning list! And a Christmas gift by way of a surprise addition to my overflowing e-book library! So thank you very much, Emily Antoinette, for my early Christmas gift.


How was this book so cozy and SO grief riddled all at the same time. I mean, it started rough because Caleb is going home to tie up some loose ends and spend one last Christmas in the house where his late grandpa raised him. Then you find out that his mom is the actual worst, and it's like...dang! But don't worry, Tomas, the mothman, is there to keep Caleb company during the holiday season.


It's really sweet. I love these two. It's short and spicy and a cute dose of holiday magic.


Ratings
Stars: 3/5
Stars: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment