Friday, November 17, 2023

Clueless Puckboy

                                            

Title: Clueless Puckboy
Series: Puckboys #5
Author: Eden Finley & Saxon James
Published: October 5, 2023
Pages: 256
Genre: LGBTQ Hockey Romance

Quinn

Straining my groin is bad enough. It puts my hockey career, my future, but even worse, my dignity on the line. Having to get massages in that area from Vance Landon, one of the team trainers, is mortifying. It’s impossible to hide my feelings toward him. If my constant blushing and bumbling doesn’t give it away, my body does. It’s getting to the point where I wonder if hockey is even worth the embarrassment.

Trying to avoid him only makes him seek me out more. He’s determined to rehab my injury, but all I want is for him to leave me alone. Or fall for me. One or the other.

Vance

Ayri Quinn isn’t your typical jock … except for the fact he refuses to admit when he’s injured. I’ve seen more than enough professional sportsmen lose the career they love due to injury, and I’m not having it happen again. Especially not when the guy in question happens to be the sweetest, most awkward, innocent jock I’ve ever met.

When a night out leads to Quinn re-injuring himself, I create a care plan that keeps me hands on, literally. Unfortunately, working with him in close proximity brings all those feelings I’ve been trying to ignore to the surface. I just need to get him better so he can be back on the ice and out of my bed. Ah, my massage bed. Because if this goes on any longer, I might mean my actual bed. Ayri Quinn is impossible to resist.

Oh, Ayri. This bumbling man is so dang cute. He's got such a big crush that everyone knows about it, and he still can't string a full sentence together. And somehow, it takes overhearing it said in a conversation for Vance to get the picture. Which is its own level of "head in the sand" naivete that's pretty cute.

These puckboys are so perfect. I love every single one of them, and I will be bereft when Eden and Saxon decide to move on with their lives. I'll never be ready to move on from these dinguses. They're all so charmingly ridiculous. Ridiculously charming? Eh, same same. 

Professional ethics are a real thing that should be respected. Taking advantage of someone within a cringey power dynamic is not ok. However, when it comes to these two, the way that they handled it was so good! I loved that their coworkers were like, eh it's not great but just don't be buttheads about it and we're all good. 

It's always a good time to catch up with the Collective, and I can't wait to see what antics they get up to next. It sounds like it's going to be a bi-awakening and I'm so ready for it!

Ratings
Stars: 4/5
Spice: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment