Monday, November 6, 2023

Kiss of Snow

                                        

Title: Kiss of Snow
Series: Psy-Changeling #10
Author: Nalini Singh
Published: Berkley, May 31, 2011
Pages: 433
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Since her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness: Hawke

Alpha and dangerous, he lost the woman who would've been his mate long ago. Now he walks alone. But Sienna stirs his primal heart, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf. 

Yet as they strip away each other's secrets, a deadly enemy is striking at everything the pack holds dear...but Sienna's darkest secret may savage the pack that is her home, and the alpha who is its heartbeat.

I love this series so much. I love the writing and I love the narrators. It's a great time. But this was probably lower on my list of entries into the series that I loved.

Walker and Lara's story? Sign me up, I would have definitely read a whole book about them alone! I really hope the ghost gets a book a some point. I want to know his "motivations" that she keeps hinting about. And I love Sienna and Hawke together. I really do thing they're perfect together. 

So why did their book give me the ick? I have no idea. It may have been the age gap. Age gap is not one of my favorite tropes. And she is really young to be entering into this relationship with this man who I think is in his mid-late thirties. Like Sienna is maybe 19 in this book? And they explain it that she never had a childhood and had to grow up really fast because of her psy powers and stuff. But IDK, it still icked me out.

In saying that, I loved watching her convince him to give her a shot. Their power dynamics were actually really great. As long as they stopped talking about how old she was. 

And as always, the politics and everything else going on in the world was top notch. Who cares that a 19 year old is getting mated to a 35 year old, the world is burning! They have MUCH bigger issues and I'm ready to read about more of them.

Ratings
Stars: 3/5
Spice: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment