Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Home in You

      


Title: A Home in You 
Author: Courtney W. Dixon
Published: February 24, 2023
Pages: 362
Genre: LGBTQ Romance

Dillon

At first, when Cade and his dad came to the farm to live, I didn’t want a brother or a new father. Mom and I were doing just fine on our own, but when Cade walked into my house for the first time, I was instantly drawn to him. How was that possible? I never had a crush on anyone before, let alone a boy.

Cade

I have a secret. Two really. I’m gay and I have a huge crush on my step-brother. It’s all wrong but I want him more than breathing. Dillon is quiet and stoic, but sweet and caring. We do everything together and are as close as two brothers could be. How long can I fight my need for him?

How did we feel so right, yet also so wrong? We became stepbrothers at fourteen years old, keeping our love a secret for three years until we were finally discovered and torn apart. It took over a year to find each other again in college. But reuniting wasn’t so simple.

I read this specifically for a reading challenge that I'm doing, and it fulfilled the taboo prompt for sure. The content warnings and author's note at the beginning of the novel clearly prepare you for what this book is. And it does not deviate. This is a book about two young boys becoming step-brothers and falling in love. 

For a borderline YA/New Adult, this was good. The hardest part for me was to get over their voices. They are so young and they really were living in their teenage insecurities for most of this book. Especially Cade. And while it makes total sense for this book, it isn't my favorite thing to read anymore. 

There's tons more I could talk about. I DID love that even though there is a lot of miscommunication/pure lack of communication. It's not really the MCs faults. And once they are really able to communicate again, they are open and honest with each other. And I would love to live on Evelyn's farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It sounds idyllic as hell.

Ratings
Stars: 3/5
Spice: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment