Thursday, April 6, 2023

Much Ado About Muffin

     


Title: Much Ado About Muffin
Series: The Mysteries of Cozy Cove #1
Author: Virginia K. Bennett
Published: January 25, 2023
Pages: 104
Genre: Cozy Mystery

SOLVING A MURDER REQUIRES A REAL WHISK-TAKER.

Running a business in the picturesque town of Cozy Cove, Maine, hasn’t always been a piece of cake, but bakery-owner Mackenzie and her venerable assistant, Arthur, are a batch made in heaven.

When Mackenzie stumbles across the body of a well-known local chef vying for the title Griller of the Year, she is compelled to help local law enforcement find the murderer. Does she have what it bakes or will her cookie crumble?

Mackenzie needs to use her problem-solving skills to bring the killer to justice... with a little help from Ret. Lt. General Arthur Johnson.

Things are heating up in Cozy Cove.

How to begin??? Let's start with how quickly I was able to gobble this up! It's short, it's sweet, there's a lot going on and all of it is cozy. Well, I guess the murder isn't cozy, but like, everything else definitely is!!! I could not put this down. I was trying to solve along with Mac and Arthur, and I HAD to know whodunit. 

Speaking of Mackenzie and Arthur. They are the cutest of the cutest. Mackenzie owns the world's punniest bakery in a cute coastal town in Maine. Arthur is the retired veteran grandfather of everyone's dreams, who helps her out around the bakery practically for free. He's essentially her adopted grandfather, but it would not take too much to convince me that they deserve a sweet, age gap romance!!! (I know, I know. Not every book needs a romance, but like......don't they?!) I also think we got set up for a bit of romance in book 2, but I'm going to wait to find out. I'm not going to read the blurb!!!

Seriously, this thing has so many puns. I giggled out loud at some of them. Most of them because I LOVE a good pun. It also made me really hungry, so the bonus recipe at the end of the book was a huge plus! I'm going to have to go to the store so that I can try them ASAP! 

This is a solid mystery. It unravels quickly, there's plenty of good clues and red herrings. I really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to the next one! 

Ratings
Stars: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment