Friday, April 21, 2023

Muffin to Lose

       


Title: Muffin to Lose
Series: The Mysteries of Cozy Cove #3
Author: Virginia K. Bennett
Published: March 30, 2023
Pages: 88
Genre: Cozy Mystery

AMATEUR SLEUTHS TAKE CALCULATED WHISKS.

Mackenzie has been baking records the past month with all her side gigs; she has been rolling out and bringing in the dough. Arthur has been her right and left-hand man some days with Brian still in the mix. Everyone is ready for things to slow down at Top O’ the Muffin to Ya.

When Mackenzie’s recently widowed neighbor begs her to investigate his late wife’s death, will she be able to sift through the clues to determine who caused the untimely end? As it turns out, many of the vendors at the Farmers’ Market and Food Truck Festival were not fans of the deceased, but speaking ill of the dead is a grave mistake.

Mackenzie and Arthur will need to whip up a miracle in order to solve a mystery that starts without a crumb of evidence.

Things in Cozy Cove sure are going sideways.

I think this got an entire star because it was released on my birthday. (I know I didn't read it on my birthday, but STILL!) 

Cozy Cove, where I will move when I retire, has had another murder. And who better to investigate than the town baker and her retired veteran sidekick! It's so wild when you think about it like that. But I LOVE Arthur and Mac. Their chemistry is adorable and I'm so glad we got some more of them together this time. As always, the puns were prolific, the cove was cozy, and the food descriptions made me ravenous. But don't worry!!! There's a bonus recipe at the end of the book! 

Ratings
Stars: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment