Saturday, March 11, 2023

R'jaal's Resonance

    

Title: R'jaal's Resonance
Series: Ice Planet Clones #1
Author: Ruby Dixon
Publisher: February 26, 2023
Pages: 325
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance

R'jaal has waited many turns of the seasons for his khui to resonate, only to be disappointed time and time again. But when he is taken captive by strange beings hiding in the very tunnels of the fruit caves, he wakes up to find himself in a strange underground cage. 

Also in the cage? A very pretty unfamiliar human female. She says her name is Rosalind. She makes his khui sing. 

It's finally his time. 

There's a big problem, though -- Rosalind has no khui of her own. And if she doesn't get one soon, she could die.

Ever-entertaining Ruby Dixon has done it again! The prospect of a new series set on Not Hoth is so very exciting!! I want to venture into some of her other series, specifically the Corsairs and Risdaverse, but there are so many books just on Not Hoth that I'm content for now to shiver in the cold while I wait for the next installment of Ice Planet CLONES!!!! And I know I won't have to wait long because she is a machine! 

I was convinced that I didn't like R'Jaal's grumpy butt. Too serious. Too alpha. Too something. But Queen of the Redemption has done it again. (And with multiple characters in one book, might I add.) R'Jaal is like Shadow in Homeward Bound. (Remember that movie?? <3) He's this stoic golden retriever who just wants his family to be happy. And I ADORE him. 

Rosalind is the "Everyman" of readers. She is a librarian book nerd who writes slash mpreg fanfics to pass the time. Or so she thinks.... Big content warning for some of the internal conflict that our girl Rosalind faces. Her nightmares are *scary*! And I've had my fair share of existential crises, but DANG. This girl is a professional! R'Jaal is the perfect barbarian alien for Rosalind. He's had his own traumas to overcome and he's so patient and understanding with her. *melting* 

We met so many new characters in this book! I can't wait to see where this new cast of characters will settle!!!

Ratings
Stars: 4/5
Spice: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment