Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Wolfsong

                                             

Title: Wolfsong
Series: Green Creek #1
Author: TJ Klune
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press, June 20, 2016
Pages: 494
Genre: LGBTQ Fantasy Romance

Ox was 12 when his daddy taught him a very valuable lesson. He said that Ox wasn't worth anything and people would never understand him. Then he left.

Ox was 16 when he met the boy on the road, the boy who talked and talked and talked. Ox found out later the boy hadn't spoken in almost two years before that day, and that the boy belonged to a family who had moved into the house at the end of the lane.

Ox was 17 when he found out the boy's secret, and it painted the world around him in colors of red and orange and violet.

Ox was 23 when murder came to town and tore a hole in his head and heart. The boy chased after the monster with revenge in his blood red eyes, leaving Ox behind to pick up the pieces.

It's been three years since that fateful day and the boy is back. Except now he's a man, and Ox can no longer ignore the song that howls between them.


This was beautiful. It's the second book that I've read by T.J. Klune, and it absolutely won't be the last. Mainly because I NEED to know how Mark and Gordo get their shit together. But also because the two books that I've read have been so very good!

I can't review this book without talking about the weird morally gray area that I was in for the first 30% or more. Was it grooming? Is it ok because Joe's a werewolf and Ox was 16? Ox is so strongly Lawfully Good that it absolutely wasn't grooming. And the werewolf thing is a part of it, but only a little. It's mostly Ox. 

I'm obsessed with Ox. I totally get little Joe Bennett. He seems awesome. Joe Bennett pissed me off SO bad when he left. But I think them spending that time apart was necessary. Even if I hated the reason and how it happened. And I DID hate the reason and how it happened. But I LOVED what it did for Ox. Not that he felt abandoned or had to grieve his mom and his alpha and his mate leaving, but how it made him put those pieces back together and be strong on his own. To learn that he was strong on his own and he had a choice in the end. 

UGH. It was very good. I'm not over it. I want to read Ravensong RIGHT NOW! I still have so many questions! 

Ratings
Stars: 5/5
Spice: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment