Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Games with the Orc

  


Title: Games with the Orc
Series: Monster Smash Agency #1
Author: Kathryn Moon
Publisher: December 27, 2022
Pages: 271
Genre: Contemporary Fantasy Romance

Sunny has spent years of her life hiding from her own desires and hiding them from those she loves. Forced to face the idea of denying that part of herself forever, Sunny takes a nose dive out of her routine and into her fantasies. All she needs is the help of Monster Smash Agency and one exceptionally talented Orc.

Khell'ar has mastered his work with Monster Smash Agency, satisfying his clients with perfect expertise. Guiding inexperienced Sunny into a new realm of extreme pleasures should be easy, simple. All he has to do is follow her requests, play his part, and not form a mating bond.

But Sunny is orc bait, and Khell'ar is more than even her wildest dreams could concoct.

How do I put this into words? I love Sunny and Khell'ar! That's a decent summary, but it's not everything. I love Kathryn Moon! We're getting closer, but that's still not all.

Sunny is great. She's scared of her own desires and trying to figure out if they are actually going to make her happy, or just something to fuel her fantasies. Khell is her sex-work/kink Obi Wan. And we love a sex positive, sex-work positive world!

This book is occupying a "miscellaneous" folder in my brain right now. I'm trying to put it into a neat box, and pack it away. But it is fighting me the whole way. It's fantasy, for sure. But it's also a bit more contemporary than most, which I LOVE. It's not quite smut only, though it is definitely 93% smut. (And the smut is GOOD.) It feels like instalove, but supernatural mating keeps it from being icky. 

Mostly, I can't wait for the next book in the series. I hope that we see Khell and Sunny again in that entry!! 

I highly recommend to the monster lovers out there! 

Ratings
Stars: 4/5
Spice: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment