Saturday, February 25, 2023

Witches Get Stuff Done

   


Title: Witches Get Stuff Done
Series: Starfall #1
Author: Molly Harper
Publisher: Audible Originals, October 27, 2022
Listening Length: 8 hours 23 minutes
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Riley Denton-Everett always felt like something was missing in her life—and her numerous odd jobs and short-lived relationships haven’t brought her any closer to finding it. Everything changes when receives a mysterious message: You’re a Denton. You belong on Starfall Point. Once you’re here, I’ll tell you everything you need to know.

When Riley arrives on the Island, she learns her aunt has left her a historic mansion brimming with haunted antiques. Turns out, that’s not the only thing she’s inherited. Riley also hails from a long line of witches whose magic is critical to protecting the living.

Edison Held, the town’s frustratingly hot librarian, is completely unaware of the ghosts in Riley’s ancestral home and is determined to convince her to open it up to the public. Riley starts to wonder if Edison’s knowledge of the Island’s history can help her get a handle on her new powers—but can she trust him with her secrets? And can she trust herself with the simmering attraction brewing between them?

This was an adorable introduction to these characters and this town! It was also exactly what I needed and wanted when I start a new Molly Harper book! 

When I realized that she had wrapped the Mystic Bayou series, I was devastated. I know that all good things must come to an end, but I wasn't ready! I feel like I would love to do a read through of all of Molly Harper's back catalog, but the woman is PROLIFIC! So for now I will continue to follow the Sorcery & Society series, and I will now be following this Starfall series!!

The best part about this series is the found family in Riley and her new coven. I won't take that joy away from you, so just know....it's really good when they finally come together. I have a big theory about the villains of the series, and I look forward to the next book to see if I'm right. :)

Ratings
Stars: 3/5
Spice: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment